Iewers is iets verdag met hierdie terroriste voorval. Suikerriet word al vir etlike jare gebrand voor dit ge-oes kan word en is dit nie ‘n snaakse gesig as dit brand nie. Daar is egter meer hieragter. Diegene wat dit veroorsaak het, weet ook nou, die lyk was toe nie heeltemal dood tydens die brand nie. Hy het later in die hospitaal beswyk. En dan vermoed die polisie geen vuilspel nie, maar vermoed wel iemand het die suikerriet met opset aan die brand gesteek. ‘n Dubbelsinnige boodskap word uitgestuur. Volgens die Zululand Observer was die man se hande vasgebind tydens die brand van suikerriet. ‘n Persoon se hande word nie vanself vasgebind nie. Die ligging is naby die Hospitaal geleë.
MYSTERY surrounds the death of a man who was found burnt alive in the sugar cane fields behind Empangeni Hospital.
A local security company made the gruesome discovery last Thursday afternoon when they found a man burnt beyond recognition, but miraculously showing signs of life.
According to reports from some services who were at the scene, both the man’s hands had been tied behind his back.
He was rushed to Ngwelezana Hospital but died shortly after arrival.
Cane cutters in the farming area who were apparently burning sugar cane for the next day, only discovered that a person was in the field after it had already burned. It is not known how the man got into the field.
King Cetshwayo Cluster Police spokesperson Captain Mbongeni Mdlalose, said an inquest has been opened into the matter.
He said that the police did not have knowledge of foul play.
‘We believe that the sugar cane was intentionally set alight by a milling company. It is believed that the man had been caught in the fire.’